A mixed reality display
What is the MovableScreen:
With "MovableScreen", the Frauenhofer Institut für Graphische Datenverarbeitung developed a completely new
human-computer-interface. The display, a 24" iMac, which itself becomes an interaction element, is affixed to a
rotating pillar which enables 360° rotation. By transmission of this rotation to a virtual camera, the user gets the
impression of moving through a 3D scene.
The position of the user's head is transmitted to the integrated iSight camera in addition to the rotation via head
tracking so that the visual effect of looking into a virtual window is generated.
Features of the MovableScreen:
Usage of the MovableScreen:
- Intuitively usable presentation medium
- Applicable in the most different areas due to its great diversity
- The user's eye movements are recognised by head tracking and transmitted to the virtual camera
Back to product overview
- Virtual inspection of architecture models
- Presentation of virtual objects (virtual showcase)